10. Everyone was watching Jim Black's hearing and busy contemplating the very modest amount of punishment for accepting, and orchestrating a bribe.
9. Legislators were so emotionally exhausted after debating the Racial Justice Act which determines whether racial bias influenced a death penalty sentence.
8. The General Assembly was busy earmarking a $25 million "pier to nowhere."
7. Golf-hating legislators tried to convince the golf-loving state of North Carolina that a 7 percent golf tax was a good idea and would "restructure the tax system" and not hurt an industry.
6. The PETA playmates on the Hill advertising National Veggie Dog Day may have caught a little too much of everyone's attention. Yikes...
4. Obama's "un-cool" week affected all Messiah-loving legislators, hitting home right here in North Carolina.
3. Worried all your accumulated debt may cost you your home? Move to North Carolina and be sure to thank HB 1058 and homestead exemption.
2. HB 1358, commonly known as the Clothesline Bill actually failed, we can all still use our dryers.
And the number 1 reason legislators were unable to meet the budget deadline:
1. Members were too busy watching the highest rated Raleigh tourism video that they forgot the importance of meeting a deadline.